Voinov Artem Sergeevich, Master’s degree student, sub-department of computer engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Dubinin Victor Nikolaevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of computer engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Vyatkin Valeriy Vladimirovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of dependable communications and computations, Lulea University of Technology (Building A, Regnbagallen street, Lulea, Sweden), email@example.com
Yang Chen-Wei, Postgraduate student, Lulea University of Technology (Building A, Regnbagallen street, Lulea, Sweden),
Background. Widespread introduction of new generation electrical grid (smart grid) and digital substations determines the need for automation of most stages in their design, including the development of the human machine interface (HMI). The goal of this work is the development of the methodology for the automatic generation of systems of function blocks (FB) of the international standard IEC 61499 (as an element of a distributed SCADA system) for the interaction of an operator with devices of a substation designed in accordance with the international standard IEC 61850.
Materials and methods. This research was based on using the algorithm Lee for path connections, the MVC pattern for designing the structure of a substation automation system, and the technology of IEC 61499 FB for implementing distributed applications.
Results. The following scientific and practical results have been reached: 1) the engineering methodology for generating FBs which implement HMI for the automation of IEC 61850 substations; 2) the modified algorithm Lee which differs from the known ones in possibility of connecting not only a node to a node, but also a node to an already created connection, and, at that, an unconnected node or node with the lowest degree of connectivity is always selected as an initial node for wave propagation, that allows to accelerate the path tracing process, as well as significantly improve the readability of the screen representations of electrical circuits in the HMI; 3) the library of FBs for modeling and visualizing the devices of substations, as well as handling them; 4) the automatic translator which transform an source SCD description of a substation into a FB system representing the HMI, which can later be
integrated into the whole substation automation system.
Conclusions. The efficiency of the proposed methodology for automatic generation of FBs for the creation of HMI is confirmed by the experience in the development and exploitation of appropriate software tools, including those tested on reallife examples at the AIC3 Lab laboratory (University of LTU, Sweden).
power supply network, digital substation, human-machine interface, Lie algorithm, MVC template, SCADA system, function block, IEC 61499 standard, IEC 61850 standard, SCL system description language, SCD file, NxtStudio
1. Christensen J. H., Mařík V., Camarinha-Matos L. M., Afsarmanesh H. Knowledge and Technology Integration in Production and Services: Balancing Knowledge and Technology in Product and Service Life Cycle, Eds. Boston, MA: Springer US, 2002, pp. 221–228.
2. Ipakchi A., Albuyeh F. IEEE Power and Energy Magazine. 2009, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 52–62.
3. IEC Standard IEC 61850 – Communication networks and systems for power utility automation, Part 6: Configuration language for communication in electrical substations related to IEDs. Ed. 2, 2009. Available at: https://www.sisconet.com
4. IEC Standard IEC 61499-1: Function Blocks. Part 1: Architecture, November 2012. Available at: https://webstore.iec.ch/publication/5506
5. Higgins N., Vyatkin V., Nair N.-K. C., Schwarz K. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews. 2011, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 81–92.
6. Yang C.-W., Yan J., Vyatkin V. IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2013): 39th Annual Conference. Vienna, Austria, 2013, pp. 5347–5353.
7. Boychenko O. V., Dyachuk V. S. Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-issledovatel'skiy zhurnal [International scientific and research journal]. 2016, no. 4, part 2, pp. 39–42.
8. Gorelik T. G., Drozdova T. V. Releynaya zashchita i avtomatizatsiya [Relay protection and automation]. 2012, no. 2, pp. 64–65.
9. Orlov L. L., Sergeev K. A. Releynaya zashchita i avtomatizatsiya [Relay protection and automation]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 64–67.
10. Drozdova T. N., Elov N. E., Morozov A. P. Energiya edinoy seti [Energy of the uniform network]. 2016, no. 3, pp. 54–61.
11. Norenkov I. P., Manichev V. B. Osnovy teorii i proektirovaniya SAPR [Foundations of CAD theory and designing]. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 1990, 335 p.
12. Sayt nxtStudio (nxtControl). Available at: http://www.nxtcontrol.com/
13. Sayt VisualSCL. Available at: http://ase-visual-scl.software.informer.com/1.0/.
14. Kharari F. Teoriya grafov [Graph theory]. 2nd ed. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2003, 296 p.
15. Lee C. Y. IRE Transactions on Electronic Computers. 1961, vol. EC-10, no. 3, pp. 346–365.
16. Sait S. M., Youssef H. World Scientific Publishing Company. 1999, vol. 6, pp. 244–245.